Advanced REST APIs with Flask and Python
What you'll learn
- Integrate advanced functionality in your API such as image upload, payments, or user confirmation e-mails!
- Bring your REST API development to a whole new level by getting familiar with more of the Flask ecosystem
- Improve operations of existing REST APIs with database migrations and extensive refactoring knowledge
- Easily deploy documentation pages and test your API with Postman's collection runner
- Have programming experience with Python (preferable) or another Object-Oriented Programming language
- Some knowledge of how the web works (requests and responses) will be helpful!
- PyCharm (free) or another code editor
Welcome to our Advanced REST APIs with Flask and Python Course!
We created the most popular introductory REST API development course on Udemy, with over 15,000 reviews and 80,000 students. Now we want to help you get even farther with your Flask REST APIs, with new features and functionality.
Our first course took you from zero to a deployed REST API that users could access. In this one we will cover new and advanced features that take your REST APIs with the next level!
Simplify data serialization and deserialization in REST APIs using marshmallow
Handle user account confirmations by sending e-mails with Python
Image uploads using Flask-Upload
Simplify making changes to your database structure with database migrations using alembic
Write documentation and test your REST API using Postman
Handle payments and process orders using Stripe
Social login using OAuth. You can use this log in with Twitter, Facebook, GitHub, or any other third party.
Use the latest technologies and the best practices. Everything you'll learn works with Python 3.10, the latest version.
This course builds upon another: "REST APIs with Flask and Python". If you don't have any Flask experience we recommend taking that course first.
We won't teach you the very basics of REST API development or Python in this course. We'll give you a finished project and extend it every section. We explain everything about the starter project very carefully, and we've even written an e-book about it!
We introduce new features and technologies by adding them to the starter application so you can see how we build professional REST APIs. As we add features, we'll also test them.
That will also help you understand more about how to add features to your REST API incrementally. This makes development faster and minimises risk.
Many lectures contain extra resources, such as links to external documentation and projects, for you to learn more. And for each lecture, we include the source code at the start and at the end so you can follow along and never get lost. All the source code is on GitHub for your convenience.
We're always available to help in the Udemy Course Q&A and also our own student community Discord server.
Advanced REST APIs with Flask and Python
Remember, this is our most advanced course yet! You should have enough programming experience with Python or another programming language. You should have knowledge of how to install Python packages and how to run your Python applications. Some knowledge of how the web works is also really helpful.
Thank you for considering this course. I'll see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Software developers working on a REST API who want to add advanced functionality to it
- Backend developers interested in gaining knowledge of Flask and its ecosystem
- Advanced developers of other programming languages who want to get up to speed quickly with Advanced REST API development in Python
Hi, I'm Jose! I love helping students learn to code and master software development. I've been teaching online for over 7 years, and I founded Teclado to bring software development to everyone—my objective is for you to truly understand everything that goes on behind the scenes.
Coding is extremely rewarding. As you learn, things start to click and make sense. You can join the dots of all the things that weren't quite clear before. I'm here to make that journey quick and painless!
Teclado was founded by best-selling instructor Jose Salvatierra to bring software development to everyone. We create and develop great, informative, and fun courses for you to advance your career and acquire new skills.
Excellent quality, superb student support, and on-demand topics mark our courses. We hope to see you on the inside!